Post subject: The Infinity of Recurring Torment, by Jemma, Chief/Boomer, T
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 pm 
Cylon

Name: The Infinity of Recurring Torment
Fandom: Battlestar Galactica
Characters: Sharon, the chief
Word Count: 687
Spoilers: 2x04
Note: This is kinda old and my first BSG fanfic. I've only just started on my second which is another Chief/Boomer fic but I really *need* to write Athena/Helo at some point.

She watched as he was dragged in, wrists bound with handcuffs. She felt awful. The barred door was slammed behind him and he gave her a look that broke her heart. Metaphorically of course. Machines didn’t have hearts. And she was a machine. At least, that’s what everybody thought she was. But the problem was she just didn’t know anymore. Was she a human or a cylon? Did it matter now? Everyone was against her, her friends. Him. And now he was locked up with her in this empty cell. Maybe she deserved what she got. She felt guilty.

Her handcuffs chafed against her already bruised skin, tears soaking her dampened cheeks, “Chief?” she spoke gently, her voice breaking with uncertainty and trepidation. She expected the worst. He avoided her gaze for a minute, refusing to talk to her. Whatever she was. Then he grabbed her fiercely. She felt fear. She shuddered as he tightened his grip around her arms, eyes widening in alarm.

Don’t you talk to me, he said, Don’t come near me. Don’t touch me. If you do, I swear, I will kill you.

His voice was angry, his eyes alight with burning hate. She trembled, unable to control her emotions. She looked away not being able to swallow the look of disgust and hatred that now engaged his features. He had threatened to kill her, as if she were the enemy. She supposed she was now. She only wished things could be like they were before. When they were content and happy and would hug and kiss each other secretly. Their love had been so strong that they had ignored all the rules and demands being thrown at them. But now it was all for nothing. For him now, it had all been a mistake.

His glare finally left her tearful eyes and he pushed her to the floor. She was a machine. She did not deserve his love nor his respect. She deserved nothing from him. She didn’t expect anything. She just lay, a crying mess on the floor wishing and wishing things could be different.

~*~

As she was taken away, she felt anxiety run through her. She knew he sensed this, even if she was supposed to be a machine. She wasn’t sure what would become of her, perhaps she didn’t care as much anymore, but she feared what would become of him. As she was pushed past him, she could’ve sworn he gave her the warmest look of concern and sincerity that she had seen from him in ages. Maybe he did still care. A love such as theirs didn’t just burn out overnight. Maybe he did still feel something, even if it was obscure and faint.

The nastiest of names were launched at her as she began her walk down the ship. She could make out each one above the screaming crowd. She felt the coldest and loneliness that she had ever been. Her friends were yelling these names, these insults. She had to swallow hard to restrain from crying. The noise was too much, the pushing and shoving of the crowd was too much, everything was becoming too much to bear.

Then she heard a loud bang and she felt the most horrific feeling of all. She felt pain. A hot searing eruption of pain in the pit of her stomach. She immediately collapsed to the floor, holding her bleeding wound. The yelling seemed to come to a halt. She heard nothing. Her eyes blurred, lights and uniforms danced in front of her. She felt comforting arms grab her, holding her. The chief was there, calling her name softly. Boomer, Boomer. No. No. The hurt in his voice seemed real as he gently shook her, wanting a response. But she couldn’t speak. Blood dripped from her lips.

She could only just hear him whispering comforting words to her, stumbling and stuttering as he rocked her reassuringly, heart beating fast. The light faded. She could only manage four simple words at that moment,

“I love you, chief.”

And then she felt nothing, like a machine was supposed to.

Post subject: Re: The Infinity of Recurring Torment, by Jemma, Chief/Boomer, T
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:29 am 
Administrator

Quote:
he gave her a look that broke her heart. Metaphorically of course.
What a great line!

I really like this fic- Chief and Boomer had such a rough time, and it's so sad that every time they had a chance, one or both of them was always in the wrong place. Everything should have gone right for them so many times, and never quite did.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am 
Up The Riverworld Without A Paddle

Nice, Jemma. I think I already read it somewhere. Fanfic.net?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 pm 
Cylon

Thank you, Rose! Yeah, I was upset at the way things ended between them. "Someone To Watch Over Me" was a mixture of squee and tears. But this scene was also a very emotional one that seemed to inspire me. I''m really glad you liked it :D

Pierre, thanks! It is posted on fanfic.net so yeah, probably :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:36 am 
Cylon

jemmalynette wrote:
She felt pain. A hot searing eruption of pain in the pit of her stomach. She immediately collapsed to the floor, holding her bleeding wound. The yelling seemed to come to a halt. She heard nothing. Her eyes blurred, lights and uniforms danced in front of her.
LOVE this. Great imagery.

For your first foray into BSG fic, this was awesome. Can't wait to read your next piece, especially if it's as moving as this one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:16 am 
Cylon

Thank you! My next one is set after the finale and will be about Boomer and the Chief re-uniting in their "dream house". It might be a while 'til I finish it though. Thanks again for reading :thx:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:13 pm 
Hera's Fiance

jemmalynette wrote:
Thank you! My next one is set after the finale and will be about Boomer and the Chief re-uniting in their "dream house".

I thought this story was well written, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next one!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

This particular scene carries a high emotional charge you rendered very well. Awsome!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:06 am 
Cylon

Thank you so much!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:25 am 
Constable

Sorry I hadn't chimed in on this one before. I'd meant to.

It's very effective in evoking that powerful scene. Particularly the last line. I love that. Hope you do get around to writing your "Dream House" tale.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:55 am 
Cylon

Thank you so much, NT2! :D :D